Planning an event—whether it’s a birthday party, corporate meeting, or a wedding—can be stressful. One of the first things you should do is choose a venue. This ensures that you have a firm date and you can plan events, decorations, and other essentials within the parameters the event space offers. As you search for event spaces, there are many things to consider. Here, we have gathered a master list of elements to consider as you evaluate event spaces and plan what you need to bring.
- Technology: Consider what you will need to do during the event as well as to prepare for the event behind the scenes. Charge your phone? Give a presentation? Check your email? Run a slideshow? Plan for extension cords, lights, a TV or large monitor, audio visual equipment (speakers, auxiliary cables, etc.), internet connection, etc.
- Space: The best event spaces provide flexibility to different activities. Plan for different rooms of varying sizes for use as bride’s room or other preparation spaces, seating to accommodate all guests, and adaptable spaces for different events.
- Location: There is a reason that prime real estate is about location, location, location. Plan for local, convenient, quiet, and scenic spaces.
- Food: Well-fed guests are happy guests! Whether you are providing a light brunch or a three-course dinner, plan for space for catering, food storage, and preparation.
- Equipment and Set-Up: Who will manage the set-up of the rooms? Plan for tables, chairs, chair covers and other decorations, and adequate lighting.
We hope this list has given you a few things to look for in event spaces for weddings, corporate events, and other venue types!